Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dye diaries!

Working on a themed yarn for a marketing project in jewel tone colors...

Also knitting the Find a Penny in my "Lucky Penny" colorway. That is going a little slow. I didn't really like how you have to yo in the same spot each and every row in the beginning, so I ripped it out and redid the whole thing. To get the shaping correct, I am doing the rs rows as written, but I'm doing the yarnovers 3 stitches away from each edge on the ws. It's making everything look even. I admit I might have a little issue with thinks being symmetrically pretty! The way it was written just made the right side edging look wonky. Now my yarnovers are like pennies.


I'm getting a little psyched for the Olympics. Okay, a lot psyched!! Ever since I was little, I've just loved them. I remember my Dad and I watching them in 1984, and I just love Mary Lou Retton (but who didn't). I believe I was 6 at the time... that tells you how old I am! Then in '88, I fell in love with swimming and joined a swim team in my town pretty much immediately after. I went on to be quite the backstroker for about 7 years, swimming competitively USS, YMCA, and even JCC! But now I'm old and really can't Dedicate myself like that anymore. So... maybe I will set a Hexipuff goal for the Ravellenic games and try to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fable Fibers banner

Fable Fibers banner

Translate

About Me

hand-dyed yarn and spinning fiber