Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dye diaries

Yesterday I spent some time with the dyepot and learned how to make a 2-tone glazed yarn. It takes a bit of creative thinking and a wish and a prayer, ha.

I'm loving how the glazed yarn looks, though I feel my yarn isn't unique (cough, Madelinetosh, cough). I do really love her yarn, but who wants to be a copycat? I am going to experiment within the next week and see how maybe I can combine glazing with something else to get something special. I think I can definitely do it.

In other news, I have begun talking to friends who are designers, and I am beginning to plan for yarn support to up and coming indie designers. If you are an indie designer and are thinking about yarn support, please email me at fablefibers at gmail dotcom. I can't promise you enough yarn for a sweater coat at this point, but something for an accessory is totally doable. Also, I have to like your previous designs. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fable Fibers banner

Fable Fibers banner

Translate

About Me

hand-dyed yarn and spinning fiber